Really this dessert should be called super deliciousness! I created this recipe during my jr year in college and completely forgot about it until it was dessert night at small group and needed to make something! Yea dessert night for small group = best idea ever! So what, we were all in sugar comas 20 minutes later… All the desserts tasted delicious and this recipe was a crowd pleaser! This recipe is super easy and you can whip it up in a matter of minutes. You can also just make the cream for an amazing fruit dip! Shhh I sometimes just eat the cream with a spoon!
Hey Fourth of July is coming up and this would be the perfect dessert to bring to a party! Is it sad that I am proud of myself for having a holiday themed item up over a week before the holiday? That rarely happens!
Drooling yet? Ok ok here is the recipe!
- 8 oz cream cheese slightly thawed
- 1 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2-3 tbs powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 angel food cake (store bought or homemade)
- 2 bags frozen mixed berries (or use fresh)
- In a bowl or stand mixer combine cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla extract, and sugar until well mixed. Fold in Cool Whip and set aside.
- Cut angel food cake into small piece and place 1/2 of the cake on the bottom. Spread 1/2 of the delicious cream on top, and then top with frozen mixed berries. Repeat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour if you have a strong will power!
Side note: You could probably use heavy whipping cream or coconut whipped cream to make this more real food friendly! I have not tried this myself. The plan was actually to revamp my old recipe and use whipping cream instead of Cool Whip, but that is another story! So if you do let me know how it goes!
I ate some at group and then ate the left overs on the way home.. in the car… in the dark! Yea it’s a problem!
What are ya’ll doing for the 4th of July?
I party here…