10 Uses for Coconut Oil
Living simple means being resourceful with things you already have. One product I use for many things is coconut oil. Its great for your skin and for your health. Its a pure product I feel safe using knowing there isn’t any chemicals in it. Plus, coconut oil has some amazing health benefits. Not only is it a great moisturizer it also has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Amy’s Top 10 uses for Coconut Oil!
1. Face and body lotion– its great for sensitive skin! I have some bad eczema on my arms and feet and it helps relieve the symptoms. Also, I have acne prone skin and my skin has cleared up since switching to just coconut oil as face lotion.
2. Homemade deodorant– you can find the recipe here.
3. Homemade lip balm– recipe here
4. Cooking– its a great and healthy oil! 1:1 ratio
5. Homemade soap– recipe to come
6. Deep conditioner– If I know I am going to take a shower in an hour or so I will take some coconut oil and rub it well into my hair and let it. Then shampoo and condition like normal.
7. Make up remover– it takes off mascara and moisturizes your eyes and the same time. It works super well!
8. Frizz fighter– at the end of my shower I put less that a dime size of oil on my hands and rub it into my hair. Works great to get rid of frizzy hair.
9. Body Scrub– Mix coconut oil and sugar together and scrub up your body and rinse to reveal soft luxurious skin!
10. Healing– Coconut oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties. So when applied to cuts and scrapes can help protect them and heal them faster.
Those are just the top 10 ways I use coconut oil and I hope you love it as much as me! There are like 100 more ways you can use it. The list never ends! Please feel free to share any wonderful ideas! Have a great Monday!
This post was linked to the Homestead Barn Hop!
We’re big coconut oil fans too! I mostly just use it for cooking but I want to start using it for skin care too. Thanks for all the tips!
Here I am again! I love your posts. I hope that you will join us again next Monday for the blog party!
Tara @ http://simplymadehome.blogspot.com/
Love how you keep winding up here! I just became a follower of your blog! “See” you Monday!
I love the idea of coconut oil and sugar as a body scrub! Gonna have to try that…
Yes, I do love coconut oil, and use it the same ways.
It chould be also use as a ingredient of hair mask and also as an massage oil.
sorry its could
I am new at this and a little confused with different terms , like coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut cooking , etc and others that come up in recipes is there a place that explained the differences
I would like to know where I can find coconut oil. I’m really interested in trying out these natural treatments. Thanks for sharing.