This year Christmas will be the hardest financially. Since its our first Christmas married and being out on our own. This year, we (by we I mean me) are making some gifts for people in my family and friends to save money. Plus gifts from the heart are always better!
Last month at our soup swap we decided it would be a great idea to have a Christmas Gift Making Party! There was a wide variety of things being made: lip balm, soap (future giveaway alert), cookie mixes in a jar, hot cocoa mix, and scrub (most of these recipes to come). It was so much fun and I love all these wonderful women!
Lip Balm Recipe (originally from Passionate Homemaker)
- 2 Tablespoons beeswax (about 1 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons shea butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon sweet almond oil (optional, not in original recipe but adds a nice touch)
- essential oil (optional, we made some with sweet orange, spiced apple, and a peppermint blend)
- 12 lip balm containers
- In small crockpot melt beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter
- Once ingredients are melted add a few drops of essential oil if desired.
- take dropper and fill the lip balm tubes.
- After letting them dry for a minute or two add a few extra drops on top.
- Let cool completely before capping them.
This was part of the Homestead Barn Hop