New weight:135.9 technically I lost .5 lbs
Total lost: 7.5 lbs
- Don’t add sugar or sugary creamers to your morning coffee. I stopped doing this a long time ago to decrease sugar. I just put a tad extra almond milk instead.
- Skip the sugary cereals. So I recently bought a sugary cereal, because it was on sale and was a non-gmo eco-friendly kind. What I noticed was when I ate sugar in the morning I was starving and craving sugar all day. Realizing this I stopped eating something sugary and it went away. I don’t know if this is just me, am I crazy? Probably.
- When you got a hankerin for something sweet grab some fresh fruit. I love frozen berries I could eat them all day and they are so sweet!
- Make your own popsicles! My friend got me a popsicle tray for Christmas and the first thing I made was pineapple popsicles.
- All you do is get a can of crushed pineapple packed in juice, fill up the containers, and then freeze. Can’t get much easier or healthy than that.
- You could also make your own fudge pops with sugar free pudding and freezing it. Or yogurt pops yummm. No dairy for this girl though.
- Ditch the pop (or soda depending on where your from)! Try sparkling flavored water instead. Or if you really need that pop what I do once in a blue moon when I am at a fast food restaurant (which I rarely ever go its to expensive and not very good for you) or gas station fill up your cup with diet pop almost all the way, then add a few squirts of regular pop and it takes like the real thing. Except without all the added sugar.
- You could use sugar substitutes like Splenda I guess… To me fake sweeteners are just a bunch of chemicals. My approach to eating is a whole foods diet and I try to get rid of all that fake stuff. But if you can’t have anything else, which I understand, its the next best thing.
You don’t have to give up sugar for the rest of your life. Just like with everything its ok in moderation. So have a small piece of cake or ice cream when your at a party, but just have one! Also, take baby steps by eliminating excess sugar a little bit at a time. Trust me I tried to go cold turkey and I have withdrawal symptoms. Slow and steady wins the race just don’t go to slow.