The Best Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 tbs maple syrup honey or powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
In a stand mixer (or a bowl if using a hand mixer) with a whisk attachment, add heavy whipping cream and vanilla. If you adding sugar, you can add it now.
Start the mixer on low speed and work up to medium speed. If you are using honey or maple syrup to sweeten this recipe, add it while the mixer is whisking and it is starting to get fluffy.
Scrape the sides at least one time.
Allow the cream to whip until medium peeks. You can tell this if you pick up the whisk attachment and the cream stands up in a peak and then softly droops.
Top your delicious creation on pies, cakes, or ice cream.
- You can easily half this recipe if you only need a little bit.
- Stores well in the refrigerator for 1-2 days in a covered dish.
- Make sure to watch the whipped cream closely as it whips. If it mixes too long, the milk solids will start to separate from the whey you will start to get butter rather than whipped fresh cream.
- You want to whip the cream until you get medium peaks. You can tell this if you pick up the whisk attachment and the cream stands up in a peak and then softly droops.
- Add a scoop collagen peptides to give it a protein boost and for a stiffer whipped cream.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 28mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg