Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup
This sweet potato and carrot soup recipe is simple, creamy, and absolutely delicious.
- 1-2 tbs butter or olive oil/avocado oil
- 1/2 medium onion or one small onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 4-6 small to medium sweet potatoes about 4 cups of chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tsp ginger fresh and grated
- 2/3 cup coconut milk I like to use canned and mix the coconut cream with milk
- 4 cup broth chicken or vegetable
In a large pot or dutch oven over medium-low heat, sauté onions in butter (or oil).
While the onion is sautéing, peel and dice the potatoes and chop the carrots; set aside.
When the onions become more translucent, add in the minced or chopped garlic.
After a minute or two, add sweet potatoes, carrots, broth, and ginger.
Bring to a simmer, and simmer for about 10-20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes and carrots are nice and soft. Turn off heat.
Using a blender or immersion blender, blend until smooth. Pour the soup back into the pot if using a regular blender.
Stir in coconut milk and salt to taste.
Top this creamy sweet potato soup recipe with your favorite toppings, and serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 556mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 23627IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg