This coconut granola recipe is a crunchy and sweet with the perfect hint of coconut. Oats are combined with shredded coconut, chia seeds and oil to make a delicious snack that you will find yourself making over and over again.
- 3 cups oats
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup oil avocaod or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
To a large bowl, add shredded, unsweetened coconut, oats, chia seeds, and nuts or seeds if you like.
In a liquid measuring cup, add oil (I like using avocado), honey, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
Pour liquid ingredients over dry and mix together well. Make sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
Pour the oat mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread out evenly.
Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Halfway through, stir the granola and then spread it back out.
Allow to cool for a few minutes, then break apart.
- Make sure to mix it halfway through baking, otherwise some parts may become too dark.
- If you want a deeper coconut flavor, swap out the avocado oil with melted coconut oil.
- Line your pan with parchment paper (or use a silicon baking mat) for easy cleanup. The honey can make it tough to clean on an unlined baking sheet.
- You can totally customize this recipe. Add 1/2 cup-1 cup of your favorite nuts, like almond, pistachio, or walnut. If you are nut free (like myself), try pepitas or sunflower seeds.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg