Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream is perfect for that late night ice cream craving or for a hot, summer afternoon. Frozen bananas, peanut butter and cocoa powder are blended to make a sweet, guilt-free treat.
- 1.5 large bananas - frozen the riper the better
- 1 tbs peanut butter you can use another nut butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tbs milk of choice
- honey or maple syrup optional, if it needs a touch more sweetness
- add-ins optional
Chop bananas and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, then place in the freezer for about two hours or until the bananas are frozen.
In a food processor or a blender, add ingredients and blend for 20-30 second intervals, stopping and scraping down the sides until smooth.
Taste. Add a touch of honey, if needed. Blend and serve.
- Use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version (which is what I do now).
- If your bananas are not super ripe, you can add a little bit of honey or maple syrup.
- Make this vegan by choosing dairy-free milk.
- The extra add-ins and any extra sweetness is not included in the nutrition information and calorie count.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 916mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 131IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg