"Roasted" Crock Pot Chicken
Delicious and easy chicken that falls right off the bone.
- 1 raw whole chicken preferably organic and free range
- Half of onion diced
- 2-3 carrots roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery roughly chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic halved
- Spices I usually use about 1/4 tsp each of rosemary, oregano, parsley, and thyme
Roughly chop carrots, onion, celery, and garlic an place at the bottom of the crock pot. Place raw whole chicken on top. Season well with salt, and spices. Cover and set for 6-8 hours. Once chicken is cooked allow it to cool for a few minutes and take meat off bones. Place bones back into crock pot to make homemade stock.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 246mg | Vitamin A: 2705IU | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.9mg