Vegetable and Bean Beef Stew
This healthy and nourishing beef stew will be a family favorite. Rich broth thickened with potatoes and beans and flavored with beef and other vegetables.
- 1/2 lb ground beef cooked I usually cook up a whole lb, and then use the rest in another recipe
- 1 onion diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 carrots roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 red potatoes large diced with skin on
- 64 oz broth chicken, beef, or vegetable, homemade or store-bought
- 2 cans cannellini or great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small - chopped
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- salt and pepper to taste I like salty soup, so I use a lot
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbs dried or fresh rosemary
- fresh herbs to garnish
Saute carrots, onion, garlic and celery until they become translucent (~ 5 minutes).
Add in the rest of the ingredients, except the precooked ground beef, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add in cooked ground beef and let simmer for another 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
Serve and enjoy.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 1520mg | Potassium: 869mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4650IU | Vitamin C: 21.2mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 4.7mg