Asian Beef Noodle Soup Recipe is a simple and flavorful beef broth infused with mushrooms, ginger, and garlic. Cabbage, swiss chard, and carrots are simmered in with noodles and ground beef to create this healthy beef noodle soup.
Not going to lie… I’ve been in a rut. A food rut.
Dinner always seems to sneak up on me after a long day of cleaning, chasing a toddler, and asking “what does a (insert animal) say?” for the hundredth time.
By dinner time, forget about it. I would rather sit on my butt and have my hubby make dinner. This 10 Minute Chicken Soup happens a lot on these days.
Just being real with you, my friend. Mama needs a break too, right?
Well, this delicious Asian beef noodle soup can be thrown together in minutes and acts as a great way to use up leftovers. Because we all know leftovers are the bomb ( is that totally uncool to say that now?).
I had this great idea to make this for dinner one night, and it was so tasty. Even hubby told me it was really good. If you knew him, you would know that is a crazy good compliment.
Usually, I have to ask him how something is, and he responds with “yeah, it’s fine.”
Give me some passion, gush all your feelings about the food, what do you taste,
do you want to date it I mean eat it again? By him saying it’s really good, I know it’s a keeper and we will make it a lot more. Like tacos. It’s always tacos.
Soup Recipe For A Crowd
While enjoying the company of my lovely friends, they kept asking for the recipe and saying how delicious the beef noodle soup was.
I feel like most of the time my food is sub-par. But hey, I’m learning and getting better… hopefully.
So, while I loved my friends asking for the recipe, I had to keep saying “well… it’s in my head.” Then my pregnant friend texted me a few days later saying she was craving the broth bowl, and I needed to get on making that recipe.
Here you go my friends. This really delicious and simple meal. Kid approved, too!
Tips For Making Asian Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
- Make the noodles separately and then add them to the broth. This helps the noodles not be mushy and not just absorb all the broth.
- Chop the veggies as think as possible for quick cooking.
- You can prep the ground beef and the noodles ahead of time to make this recipe super fast.
- Change up the veggies if you want to. Swap kale for the chard, or use bok choy.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tools you may need:
Large stock pot or dutch oven
Why Is This The Best Asian Beef Noodle Soup Recipe?
- It is sooo easy. Especially if you prep the noodles and beef ahead of time. You need like 10 minutes.
- Makes the perfect weeknight dinner since it is so quick and easy.
- Full of healthy ingredients. Packed with veggies and ginger.
- It is gluten free, since we use rice noodles.
- The broth… Anyone else love the broth that comes in that broth soup with three noodles from a Japanese steak house? That is what the broth tastes like. So yummy.
Is this Asian Beef Noodle Soup Gluten Free, Paleo, Or Whole30?
This recipe is gluten free as long as the broth and noodles do not contain gluten. I use rice noodles.
To make this Paleo and Whole30, leave out the noodles (or add zoodles) and make sure the broth doesn’t contain sugar (or make your own homemade beef broth).
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas: Easy Weeknight Dinner
- Classic Minestrone Soup Recipe With Bacon
- Easy Paleo Meatballs Recipe
- Pork Carnitas Recipe – Pressure Cooker Or Slow Cooker
- Italian Rice Dish With Sausage And Spring Veggies
Asian Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
If you try this recipe and love it, I would greatly appreciate you coming back and giving it 5 stars.
Asian Beef Noodle Soup
Beef broth is infused with mushrooms, ginger, and garlic and simmered with vegetables. Then, the soup is topped with noodles and ground beef to create a healthy beef noodle soup.
- 6 cups beef broth homemade or store-bought
- 1 carrot julienned or chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic diced
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup swiss chard kale, or other greens
- 1 cup cooked noodles I used rice noodles, or omit for paleo/Whole30
- 1/4 to 1/2 lb cooked ground beef leftover from another meal
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- salt to taste
- pinch red pepper
Brown ground beef and make noodles according to package and set aside (if you don't have these items already leftover.)
In a large saucepan, add garlic, beef broth, ginger, and mushrooms. Bring to a simmer.
Add julienned carrots. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Add in cabbage, kale or swiss chard, ground beef, and cilantro. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add noodles to each serving bowl. Spoon soup over noodles, salt to taste, and enjoy.
For paleo and Whole30 options, omit the noodles or use zoodles.
This post was updated October 2019