Brownie Batter Hummus
Delicious and chocolate packed dip. Your family will love this healthy recipe.
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 6 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter see notes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip or more
Strain beans and add them to a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process with an S blade until smooth. Place in a bowl. Enjoy! If you want refrigerate for at least 1 hour. I like it better cold and it gets thicker... like frosting.
- You could switch out the beans to another mild bean like chickpeas, but the consistency may be different. Black beans give it a smoother consistency.
- Depending on the type of nut butter and the brand may yield different taste and consistency.
- If the consistency seems to be too hard, you can thin it out with a little water. I would add a teaspoon at a time.
- Placing the chocolate hummus in the fridge to chill will make it get slightly harder and will make it more of the consistency of frosting.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg