This DIY “miracle” night cream is a natural remedy to help brighten, hydrate, and detoxify the skin and reduce puffiness, spots, and inflammation.
Since starting a new job, studying for my RD exam, and preparing to do that whole moving thing, this lady has been super stressed out and tired all of the time. Boy, does my face start to show it! You know, that whole puffy eyes, dark circle thing. Not cool! I don’t even want to talk about what grad school did to my skin… So, I created this DIY “Miracle” night cream to freshen my skin, diminish spots, and help reduce inflammation.
I love what it has done to my skin. It feels so much more hydrated, brighter and inflammation has decreased.
The Natural Ingredients:
The recipe I am sharing with you today includes amazing ingredients.
- Raw shea butter and extra virgin coconut oil both are amazing moisturizers, skin protectors, and can help heal the skin.
- Almond oil (I use this kind) has been shown to reduces puffy eyes and dark circles, and also has anti-aging properties.
- Lemon essential oil (Like this one) is an astringent, detoxifier, brightener, and can help lighten skin spots.
- Aloe vera gel (I use this kind) is a skin brightener, neutralizes free radicals, repairs damaged skin, can help aid skin issues like eczema, and slows down the appearance of wrinkles.
- Bentonite clay helps absorb and remove toxins and impurities.
- Vitamin E oil can help block free radicals, slow down the skin’s aging process, and help heal scar tissues and skin issues.
DIY “Miracle” Night Cream
- 1/2 tsp beeswax (Like this one)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (Like this one)
- 2 tbs almond oil (Like this one)
- 1/2 tsp of shea butter (Like this one)
- 1 tsp vitamin e oil (Like this one)
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel (Like this one)
- 1 tsp honey (Try to get some local honey, if possible)
- 1/2 tsp bentonite clay (Like this one)
- 5-10 drops lemon essential oil
*You can double the recipe
Directions: In a double boiler, crock pot, or microwave safe dish, place first four ingredients and heat slowly until melted. Pour into a blender and let cool. In a separate bowl, mix together aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil, lemon essential oil, and honey. Once the beeswax oil mixture has completely cooled and become almost the texture of lip balm, mix it with a spoon a little to break it up and add the aloe mixture into the blender. Blend until well combined. Place back in a non-metal bowl and add 1/2 tsp bentonite clay and stir with a non-metal utensil (I love spatulas like these). DO NOT LET IT COME INTO CONTACT WITH METAL! You get the point :). Place cream in a glass (I use these) or plastic container and store in a cool, dry place.
I’ve been using this cream for a little while now, and I love the way it feels on my skin. I can see a difference in my skin, too! Brighter, hydrated, and the puffy eyes/dark circles have decreased a kit. Plus, you know exactly what ingredients are going in, and you don’t have to worry about harmful chemicals. I feel like I say this every time I do a DIY skin care recipe. It’s true, though!
The reason this is a night cream is because it contains lemon essential oil which can cause photosensitivity in the sun. If you want to make this a day time cream, just eliminate the lemon essential oil. You could make one cream for day and one for night!
Side note: Some people believe that aloe can boost hair growth. I could not find a scientific study proving this and from personal experience of using aloe vera on my face for a while, I have not grown facial hair!
Aloe can increase absorption of steroid creams, so you may want to avoid aloe when taking them.
More info on aloe can be found here: Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry
This post contains affiliate links which helps support A Blossoming Life at no extra cost to you.
You may also like…