Orange goddess dressing recipe gives a new twist to the traditional dressing with a hint of fresh orange juice and ginger. This goddess dressing adds a punch of flavor to your favorite salad and may make you look forward to eating some greens. Follow my tips below for making this yummy salad dressing.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe: olive or avocado oil, tahini, water, sesame oil, zest and juice of 2 oranges, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), garlic, ginger (optional), fresh parsley, salt, and pepper.
This post was updated March 2019
Goddess Dressing Backstory
The regular goddess dressing is one of my absolute favorites. I love the tangy flavor of the tahini and the impact it makes on salads.
Being real here… I’m not a huge salad fan, but I eat them because they are an easy and healthy way to get some greens in. This dressing makes me actually like and look forward to a salad. Is that even possible? To look forward to a salad? Maybe, but not in my book.
Another thing I’m excited about besides this awesome dressing is the lighting in our new house. How is that related to salad at all? Yea, it’s really not. I’m just excited that it is easy to take pretty photos in our new house. I took soooooo many photos of this dressing because the lighting was on point and the photos just seem to ooze sexy salad. Just kidding, there is nothing sexy about a salad… Give me a steak and we will talk.
Goddess Dressing Backstory
Our old rental had the worst lighting EVER. The windows, although gigantic, let in very little light due to all the landscaping, which made it very difficult to get a decent shot of anything except during like a one-hour time frame at an inconvenient time (since, nowadays, nap time is the only convenient time).
In our new house, the lighting is fabulous, so I can take a picture at almost any time of the day. You probably don’t care whatsoever, but as a lifestyle/food blogger, lighting makes all the difference. And this light makes this girl happy.
The lighting was so inspiring, I decided to make a video which hasn’t happened in forever. I think the last time we made a video was back when we lived in Illinois…over a year ago… whoa, man.
Hopefully, you will be seeing more of these come your way. This was actually the first video I made in awhile and then decided to make and post this video first. So check it out! They are fun.
Where can you find the ingredients for goddess dressing?
Most grocery stores should carry the ingredients for this recipe. Some ingredients like the tahini or coconut aminos may be more difficult to find, but still just ask because they should have it. Or try a specialty store.
A few weeks back, I shared my love for Trader Joe’s (see that post here). Well, everything – from the salad mix to the ingredients for the dressing to the pepitas on top – came from good ole TJ’s. It’s my fav if you can’t tell.
Tips for making Goddess Dressing:
- This recipe is super simple if you make it in a food processor or blender.
- Swap out the parsley for cilantro in this recipe.
- If you don’t have oranges, you could skip the orange zest and just use store-bought orange juice.
- I like to add this to salad dressing to pre-packaged lettuce mixes. Since salad isn’t my favorite thing in the world, I don’t like to add another excuse to not eat it by having to prep it. Yea I’m that lazy.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tools you may need:
How To Make Orange Goddess Dressing + Video
- Gather ingredients.
- Peel garlic, zest orange, grate ginger and measuring other ingredients.
- Place in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Store in the fridge up to a week.
- Top all your salads with this tasty salad dressing.
Orange Goddess Dressing Recipe
If you try this recipe and love it, I would love for you to rate it. Thank you!
Orange Goddess Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 3-4 tbs orange juice (juice of 2 oranges)
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- handful fresh parsley
- 1 nub ginger (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest of two oranges (optional)
- In a food processor or blender add ingredients and blend until smooth. Enjoy. Store in the refrigerator up to one week.
What is your favorite kind of salad?