It’s summer… It’s hot (well, except here in southern Illinois which is really weird)… You probably need a drink that is perfectly refreshing huh? Today I want to share with you this super yummy drink that is perfect for summer! I wanted to bring together some of my favorite summertime treats: watermelon and lemonade! The truth is I have a love hate relationship with watermelon. I seriously love it, like eating it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner kind of love. But I hate cutting it ha! So when I finally brought myself to buying one and cutting it I thought, this would be perfect for a drink!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice you can add more if you desire
- 2 cups cold water
- Lemon and mint to garnish optional
- Dissolve 1/2 cup of sugar in 1 cup of warm water in a pitcher, and stick in the fridge.
- Coarsely chop watermelon until you get 4 cups.
- Place watermelon in a blender and blend until it is liquid.
- Add in lemon juice, and blend again.
- Place watermelon lemon mixture in the pitcher with sugar water and add 2 more cups of cold water.
- Mix, place back in the fridge until you are ready to drink it and mix before drinking, or just throw in some ice cubes and enjoy! Yummm!
- If you don't like pulp, feel free to use a strainer to strain it out before adding the lemon juice.
- If you are in a hurry to make this, you could dissolve the sugar in less water and then add a few ice cubs. Or for a slightly faster way, you can pop it in the freezer for 15 minutes or so.
- For the best flavor, use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
What is your favorite summertime drink?
I party here…