This easy spring vegetable and sausage frittata is a simple, but delicious breakfast or dinner recipe that comes together in about 30-45 minutes. This frittata has so much flavor and is full of real food, healthy ingredients. It was so good that while this recipe should feed at least 4-6 people, our family of 2.5 demolished this and only had one small slice leftover. Which you might have seem on Instagram that I used this frittata with leftover homemade ramen… Surprisingly, it wasn’t bad.
The rain here in the northwest has finally started letting up, which has gotten me so excited for all things spring and summer. You know, gardening and our weekly family outing to the farmer’s market. I love going to the farmer’s market. It’s so nostalgic. Being able to pick out the freshest organic produce that was grown just a few miles away brings joy to my heart. This is just darn good healthy farm food. With the most basic ingredients, you can create something so truly flavorful and nourishing.
I dream of the day that we will have our own chickens and ducks again to get farm fresh eggs. Have you had a farm fresh egg before? The flavor does not compare to the store-bought kind. The yolks are rich and have a deep orange color. Compare that to the pale yellow eggs you purchase from the store. One day… one day… so I tell myself. Every time you support A Blossoming Life with the ads or clicking an affiliate link and making a purchase you are helping fund our future homestead. Hahaha… doesn’t that make you feel good? This would be the point where my husband would shake his head and tell me how ridiculous I am. We all have dreams and goals… ours just happens to be a farm on a few acres with a cow, pigs, and chickens. Anyone else share that dream?
Easy Spring Vegetable & Sausage Frittata
Spring Vegetable and Sausage Frittata
- 6-8 large eggs
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1.5 cups potatoes diced
- 1/2 lb sausage browned - you can use leftover sausage from another meal
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach washed and dried
- 1/2 cup or more shredded cheese: goats, cheddar, parmesan, Romano
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- handful fresh herbs chopped- I used oregano, rosemary, and thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large oven proof skillet (like a cast iron skillet), brown sausage and place in a separate container. Drain off extra fat if there is a lot. Place butter in skillet and melt, add in onions, diced potatoes and salt, and cook until onions and potatoes are starting to soften. While those are cooking, place eggs, Italian seasoning and pepper in a separate bowl and whisk until combined. Move to the side. Add in asparagus, garlic, and spinach to the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Make sure potatoes are cooked, then pour egg mixture over vegetables, cover with shredded cheese, and bake in oven for about 15-25 minutes until eggs are cooked through. Top with fresh chopped herbs right before serving.
Another thing I love about this recipe is that you can clean most of the dishes and kitchen while it is baking. Then you just have one simple skillet to clean after. Honestly, who wants to clean up with a nice full belly? Not this girl!
Do you love breakfast food for dinner? I sure do.
This post contains affiliate links that help support A Blossoming Life at no extra cost to you.