Tips to Getting More Done
I’m not going to lie have a bad case of the lazies. I don’t know if it is because I’m finally done working on my thesis (for like another week) or my ADD has been really bad lately, but I just can’t seem to get anything productive done. Lately, I have found some things that have helped me accomplish more in a day and thought it would be good to share.
1. Make a list of things you have to get done that day and other things you would like to accomplish. Checking off each item is empowering to me.
2. Pray: that God will help you get the things that need to be done done.
3. Get rid of distractions: turn off the tv or the computer (if you don’t need it). Sometimes I even have to put the dogs in their crates or separating them so their playing doesn’t distract me. If you have young kids try to get a lot of stuff done while they’re taking a nap.
4. Turn on fun music if it helps! I love this one it makes me so joyful to do the little tedious task when I can sing. I use Spotify to play songs I want to hear. You could also use Pandora. Lately, it has been a worship band called All Sons & Daughters. Check them out they’re awesome!
5. Stick with it and take 1 thing at a time: sometimes I get easily discouraged or flustered thinking about all the things I need to do. If I think about one task at a time I freak out much less.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask for help: my husband loves to help me especially when I’m stressed. I just need to make sure I am not taking advantage of him.
7. Get and stay organized: when you know where things are it just makes finding items easier and less time.
8. Focus on the really important stuff first. If you can’t get to folding the clothes for a few days it won’t kill you!
9. Work in chunks: Spend an hour working really hard and then take a 10 minute break. Sit down, take a short walk, etc.
10. Work smart not hard: I’ve heard so many professors say this to me. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. Keep things simple and find good shortcuts that won’t decrease quality.
11. Relax: don’t be stressed out about everything you need to do. What good does worrying do? Does it help you get more done? No.
Hope this helps you reach your goals and get more done! What helps you get more done?
Great tips! Thanks!
Sam – CooksAndCreates.Blogspot.com/
Excellent post! I’ve begun using a DayTimer…that I bought years ago-grin-…and it’s helping, although it’s taken me a long time to get used to it. I have 5 tabbed areas…farm and home, community and volunteer, financial and property, studio, writing…and each of those have daily/monthly/yearly goals.
It always helps to begin the day with devotions; mostly things seem to fall into place then.
That sounds like it is helping you a lot and you are super organized! I couldn’t agree more when I start the day reading the bible I get so much more done and feel so much more at peace!
What a great, and especially useful post! I struggle with getting all my to do list done so ths is wonderful! Thank-you! 🙂
Thanks Carla I hope these tips help you!
Really great tips. I am going to use this to get myself on better track.
Stick with it you can do it! Good luck