Learn how to make your own armpit detox recipe to help get rid of those stinky underarms, reduce sweating, and help your natural deodorant work better.
One Saturday morning, I was just waking up, and my husband rolls over and says informs me that my armpits stink.
Why, thank you, my sweet husband, for your honesty.
But let’s be real here, because obviously, I’m going to be candid talking about armpit odor, as this is something I’ve dealt with for a long time.
He was just being funny, so I wasn’t offended. Nor do I take offense when I know it to be true. 😂 You can find my favorite natural deodorants that works awesome here, or this one that works great for sensitive skin.
So, I knew it was officially time to make an armpit detox mask.
This recipe works amazingly well to detoxify armpits, help you smell nicer, and can even help reduce sweating.
Why would you detox your armpits?
Regular deodorants contain some really nasty ingredients, like aluminum, fragrance (which is actually a broad term for thousands of chemicals), phthalates, and parabens (which has been linked to breast cancer), all of which are known hormone disrupters.
We put deodorant on very sensitive tissue and hormone receptors. Philip Harvey, Ph.D has stated that many chemicals that are found in deodorant are stored in the fat cells in your armpit (source).
Aluminum (which is an antiperspirant found in many deodorants) has many people concerned.
Although there is no “direct” link to breast cancer, there are studies showing that there is an increase in breast cancer in the upper quadrant of the breast right next to where aluminum products and deodorant would be applied in the underarm area (source).
When using a detox armpit mask like the one I’m showing you today, you are essentially speeding up the natural process of detoxifying some of these nasty chemicals, which can help natural deodorants actually work.
As someone who has exclusively used natural deodorants for nine years now, I still find natural deodorant to have inconsistent results. Sometimes it works great, and then there are times that, to my dismay, I am sweating more and noticing increased odor. This detox mask helps.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate programs that are designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Watch How To Make It:
Detoxifying your armpits can help:
- Decreased underarm odor. This seriously helped my armpits smell way better.
- Decreased perspiration
- Better results from natural deodorants
- Reduced irritation from natural deodorants containing baking soda
Tips For Making AN Armpit Detox Mask:
- If you are new to natural deodorant, there are plenty of homemade recipes to try. The ultimate deodorant for sensitive skin, baking soda free version, and the original natural deodorant.
- You can skip the apple cider vinegar, if you would like.
- This is quite messy, so I would recommend doing it before a shower. And don’t wear white.
- Use a a non-metallic spoon or or even a popsicle stick for mixing, because this recipe contains bentonite clay which shouldn’t come into contact with metal.
Tools you may need:
Armpit Detox Mask Ingredients:
Bentonite clay – This ingredient helps pull toxins from the skin, helping aid detoxification.
Activated charcoal – It’s known to help cleanse and pull out impurities from the skin. It also works as amazingly to rid smells. If you don’t have this on hand, you can skip it, but it really helps make it more powerful.
Apple cider vinegar – ACV can help balance the ph of your skin and can help get rid of bacteria in your armpits.
Water – I use filtered water from my Berkey Water Filter. Water is used to develop a good consistency for spreading.
How To Make Armpit Detox Mask
- In a bowl, mix together clay and activated charcoal. Make sure to use a non-metallic bowl.
- Add water until it becomes a paste.
Detoxing Armpits – How To:
- Start with freshly cleaned armpits.
- Using your fingers, apply a generous amount of the mask to your armpits. I recommend wearing dark clothing as the activated charcoal can stain.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off and enjoy your nicely smelling underarms.
Find More Of My Favorite Natural Products:
- The Best Homemade Detangler
- Whipped Body Butter
- Homemade Lotion Bars
- Nourishing Avocado And Honey Face Mask
Tried this recipe and loved it? I would love if you would come back and give it 5 stars. Please and thank you!
DIY Armpit Detox
- Non metal measuring utensils
- Mix activated charcoal and bentonite clay together.
- Add apple cider vinegar and a little bit of water together until it forms a paste.
- Clean armpits.
- Rub armpit detox mask onto armpits.
- Allow the mask to sit for 10-15 minutes and then wash off.