Vegan Fudge: Easy Decadent Dessert
Rich, chocolaty, vegan fudge with a smooth, creamy texture… you would never believe that this simple fudge recipe is healthy, contains no refined sugar, and is paleo, vegan, and dairy free, AND is ridiculously easy and ridiculously delicious. Follow my tips below to make this fudge even better.
Vegan Fudge Backstory
Chocolate Fudge: a Holiday Tradition
Tips for making Vegan Fudge:
- You can use any type of smooth nut butter. If you are allergic to nuts, use sunflower seed butter.
- To make peppermint fudge add a little bit of peppermint extract or a few drops of peppermint essential oils.
- Line your pan with parchment paper to make it easy to remove and slice. Trust me.
- To make it truly vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.
Vegan Fudge FAQ
Is this fudge vegan?
Can you use a different nut or seed butter?
Does this taste like coconut?
Can you add nuts?
Sure, if you are into that kind of thing. If you want other ways to switch it up, you could add chocolate chips (I love these), peppermint candy chunks (that would make it not paleo or vegan anymore, FYI), or top with a caramel sauce. Ohh now I want to top this with caramel sauce.
You may need:
Medium Saucepan, baking dish (I used a 9×5), measuring cups and spoons, cocoa powder (like this one), coconut oil and a few other things.
How To Make Vegan Fudge
Are you ready to make this ridiculously easy fudge recipe?
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, place all ingredients and allow to melt.
Whisk together and pour into a container lined with parchment paper. Chill for an hour or stick it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Lick the bowl clean.
Slice and store in a container in the fridge. This fudge will melt if it gets too warm.
Need more delicious dessert recipe? Check these out!
- Peppermint Fudge Shortbread Cookies
- Grain Free Shortbread Cookies
- Grain Free Vegan Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Fudge Recipe
Decadent and chocolaty vegan fudge with the perfect, fudgy texture. You would never believe this recipe is healthy.
If you try this recipe and love it make sure to come back, leave a comment and give it 5 stars. Thanks!
Vegan Fudge Recipe
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter I used sunflower seed butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
- Combine coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey or maple syrup, and nut or seed butter into a medium saucepan.
- Turn heat to medium-low and allow to melt, mixing frequently (make sure that seed butter dissolves).
- Once combined and melted, take off of heat and add vanilla extract. Combine well.
- Pour fudge into a parchment lined dish (I use a 9x5 dish) place in the fridge until firm. Should take about 30-60 minutes.
- Cut and enjoy. Try not to eat them all yourself.
Have you made fudge before? What is your favorite kind of fudge?
Chocolate chips are mentioned in the instructions, but not the ingredients. How much are needed. This looks really good.
Oops! They are not needed but you can add them in if you would like. I will change that thanks Katie!
Love how simple it is to make healthy dessert and it’s vegan, too!
Decadent! Looks so delicious. Thanks for the step by step instructions!
This fudge looks PERFECT. I wish I could reach through my screen and grab some!