If you have been following for some time now you may know that I loooooovvvveee ice cream. It’s kind of a problem :), especially since I am allergic to dairy ha. If I would let myself, I would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Confession: I might have had some for breakfast this morning (says the lady about to graduate with her masters in nutrition). Ahem. I
couldn’t help myself severely lack will power when it comes to ice cream. Which is one reason we usually don’t keep it in the house. Because if it’s not in the house then I am way less tempted to eat it. Can I get an amen? So be warned… This ice cream is so good that it might awake your inner ice cream monster!
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 3 egg Yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar (I like brown sugar)
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup mini peanut butter cups chopped (Trader Joe’s are my fav)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Bring the milk and cocoa powder to a soft boil.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar and egg yolks.
- Slowly add the boiling milk and cocoa powder to the sugar mixture whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from clumping together.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Pour into ice cream maker as directed.
- While the ice cream maker is churning, chop up peanut butter cups and set aside. Place peanut butter in a microwave safe container and heat until it becomes the consistency of honey.
- When ice cream is as thick as desired, mix in (by hand or if your ice cream maker is open, just toss in) peanut butter cups and slowly swirl in peanut butter.
- Eat right away or freeze to eat later!
I adapted this recipe from my friend Jordan.
It sounds a little more complicated then it actually is, but boy is it worth it! Super delicious and creamy! Yummm! We brought some to our friends and they loved it! Of course my hubs loved it because he loves anything ice cream and peanut butter. Put them together and it’s love at first site for him!
What is your favorite type of ice cream?
Mine is cake batter from Cold Stone with sprinkles.
I party here…