I’m not going to lie.. I might have eaten my weight in this delicious popcorn the last few days! It seems everyone is in the fall mood already even though it is just getting the normal summer miserably hot temperatures here! But seeing everyone pinning fall pumpkins, lattes, soups, etc. has really put me in the fall mood! The other night my hubs and I had a stay at home date night. We rented a chick flick (totally not normal, we usually go for kids animated movies) and he asked if I wanted some popcorn. I popped up and said I’m going to make pumpkin spice popcorn! Of course he gave me the normal another one of Amy’s crazy ideas kind of look… and that my friends is how this delicious recipe came about.
Pumpkin Spice Popcorn Recipe
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs brown sugar (optional: 1 tbs brown sugar for topping)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- salt to taste
- In a medium to large saucepan, place 3 tbs of coconut oil and 3 (yes 3) popcorn kernels.
- While the oil is heating up, measure out the 3 tbs brown sugar and place in a bowl.
- Once the popcorn kernels start to pop, add in the 1/3 cup of kernels and continuously move the pan over the heat.
- After about 1 to 2 minutes stir in the brown sugar, cover, and continue to move the saucepan over the heat until the kernels start to pop.
- Move the saucepan rapidly over the heat (be careful) holding onto the lid until the kernels stop popping.
- Place in large bowl, wait for it to cool a bit, and top with pumpkin spice, salt to taste, and extra brown sugar (optional). Stir.
This recipe will be perfect for a fun family night! Cuddle up in a sweater (or that adorable plaid flannel long sleeve button up), blanket, and watch a movie or play games!
My favorite part about fall is the cooler weather and pumpkin flavored everything! What is your favorite thing about fall?
I party here…