Green smoothies are wonderful… and the only way I can get my hubby to eat kale. This smoothie is the perfect snack or after dinner dessert that you won’t feel guilty about! No added sugar and it is packed with healthy ingredients like chia seeds, bananas, blueberries, and kale! The best part is your kids (or husband) will have no idea they are eating kale!
Kale: is the super vegetable! It is high in vitamins (A, C & K), minerals (especially calcium), and fiber. It is also high in antioxidants: carotenoids and flavonoids (help prevent cancer), and lutein and zeaxanthin (help promote eye health). Kale has also been shown to reduce cholesterol and prevent heart disease!
Blueberries: Packed with vitamin C and antioxidants to help prevent cancer! They have also been shown to help improve memory and revive your skin!
Bananas: Packed with vitamins (B6), minerals (especially potassium), fiber, and are a great natural sweetener. People that have a diet high in potassium rich foods have been shown to reduce risk of stroke and helped lower blood pressure!
Blueberry Chia Seed Green Smoothie
Blueberry Chia Green Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh kale or 1/4 cup frozen kale
- 2/3 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 ripe banana the riper the better
- 1 cup milk of choice I prefer raw milk, but you can use almond, coconut, etc
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 3-4 ice cubes optional
- Put ingredients into a blender and blend well. If you want a thicker or a more icee smoothie, add a few ice cubes to the mix and blend. Enjoy your super healthy snack!
What is your favorite way to enjoy kale?
This post contains affiliate links to help support this blog.