Sneak in your veggies with this delicious Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie that tastes like a rich and creamy milk shake. This healthy smoothie is secretly packed with healthy ingredients, but disguised as a sweet smoothie. Chocolate lends the perfect way to hide this vegetable so no one will know.
Cauliflower Smoothies… It’s A Thing
Y’all, I know what you are thinking. Cauliflower in smoothies… that sounds disgusting. But hear me out.
Adding cauliflower to smoothies is a great way to add in extra veggies. Since most of us don’t eat enough vegetables as it is, and many kids can be picky towards them, this is a great way to sneak them in without even noticing.
Cauliflower has a mild flavor, and when covered up with chocolate, nut or seed butter and bananas, you really and truly can’t tell it is there.
Your kids will have no idea. You will have no idea. Everyone wins, and everyone gets an extra dose of veggies.
Seriously though, you taste buds will be fooled into thinking you are drinking a decadent chocolate milkshake. My kids, well the one that can talk, begs for it.
I usually drink cauliflower smoothies in the afternoon to get that pick me up that I need to fight that afternoon slump. Usually around 2-3 pm I start to get real tired. The “I could really use a nap” kind of tired.
Whipping up a cauliflower smoothie puts my energy levels back up again. Not sure if it’s the cold, the extra boost of nutrition, or the fact that cauliflower contains b vitamins.
Whatever it is this magical smoothie gets me energized for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
Health Benefits Of Cauliflower Smoothie:
This smoothie is packed full of nutrients and veggie goodness. Cauliflower adds creaminess without the extra calories and is full of vitamins and minerals. It is high in vitamin C, K, and B6. It is also a great source of fiber which will help you stay fuller longer.
Eating more cruciferous vegetables, like cauliflower, is associated with a lower risk of certain types of cancer (source).
The nut butter adds healthy fat and protein, while bananas give you a boost of potassium, B6, vitamin C, and more. (source)
Overall, you will not go wrong with this recipe.
Tips for making a cauliflower smoothie:
- Use frozen cauliflower to make this recipe super simple to whip up. You can also use riced cauliflower.
- Use sunflower seed butter, peanut butter, almond butter, whatever you have on hand.
- To make this smoothie even healthier, you can add some of the add-ins listed below.
- Add the cocoa powder first so that way when you blend it it doesn’t explode to the top of the blender.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
My favorite smoothie add-ins to boost nutrition:
- Collagen peptides– add a boost of protein and collagen, plus it gives it a thickness that lends itself amazing for this recipe.
- Spinach – just throw in a handful.
- Chia seeds – about 1/2 tbs if you like.
- Add probiotics- replace a little of the liquid with yogurt, milk kefir, or water kefir to add probiotic powder (we use this one).
Tools you may need:
Blender (this is my favorite cheap blender I got on sale a million years ago for like $40)
Measuring cups and spoons if you are into that kind of thing.
Check out my favorite delicious and healthy smoothie recipes?
- Pina Colada Smoothie is like your favorite beach side drink but appropriate at home and for breakfast.
- Beet Berry Smoothie is another great smoothie packed with veggies.
- Berry Peach Smoothie is made with kombucha and is super yummy.
- Blueberry Chia Green Smoothie is super healthy and packed with antioxidants.
Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie Recipe
Try this recipe and love it? Come back and give it 5 stars and pin it! Please and thank you.
Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie
Delicious and healthy smoothie loaded with veggies.
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup milk or choice I used coconut
- 1.5 tbs cocoa powder or more. I like anywhere from 1.5 to 2 tbs
- 1 tbs honey or maple syrup
- 1 banana
- 2 tbs nut butter
Add ingredients to the blender, adding cocoa powder first.
Blend until smooth. Enjoy
Use less honey for a less sweetened version.
Have you tried a cauliflower smoothie before?