Simple baked carrot fries are the perfect and healthy side dish. Seasoned and baked until perfection, this carrot fries recipe is addicting. Meet your new family favorite side dish.
Ingredients you will need: carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder. If you want to make them extra fancy you can top with fresh parsley and cheese.
Healthy Side Dish Backstory
My kids loves carrots, all kinds too. Doesn’t really matter how they are made, they will devour them.
My husband on the other hand is not a fan. This guy though is hilarious and doesn’t care. If he doesn’t like something and knows it is healthy, he will eat it.
Everyday, he takes four, no more or less, baby carrots to work with him for a snack. That is all he can handle.
But to me, we should be enjoying our food, and prepare it different ways so we can enjoy it more.
What is better than turning food into fries? And who doesn’t love fries? I’ve yet to meet someone that doesn’t like fries…
So we took the humble carrot and make them into delicious baked carrot fries.
Healthy, delicious, easy… The hardest part is making enough for everyone because they will be devoured.
I tried to be all organized and ahead of the game by making a batch earlier in the day to eat for dinner. The only problem was my and the baby ate them all before they made it to the table. Oops.
So yummy and healthy! These are the perfect side dish to burgers, pizza, chicken.. pretty much anything.
Health Benefits of Carrot Fries
- Lower in calories and carbs than their potato friends. They also have a low glycemic index.
- Since this recipe is baked and not fried can helps reduce calories and avoids unhealthy fats.
- Packed with nutrients like vitamin k1, potassium, and fiber.
- They are also a great source of beta carotene, the antioxidant that the body converts into vitamin A. You need vitamin A for good vision, immune support and growth/development.
- Caretenoids, like the ones found in carrots, have been linked to decrease risk of heart disease, and certain types of cancer. Source
Pro Tips For Making Baked Carrot Fries
- Leave on the carrot skin. Don’t waste time peeling them, just make sure you clean them well.
- Cut carrots approximately the same dimensions for even cooking times.
- After they are done baking you could make these extra delicious by topping with some shredded cheese and fresh herbs like herbs.
- If you don’t have carrots you could use parsnips instead. I used rainbow carrots for extra color for the pictures, but it is still very delicious with just orange carrots.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tools you may need:
You really don’t need anything really fancy to make this recipe. A large bowl, sharp knife, cutting board, measuring spoons, and some metal tongs is all you need.
Want more healthy dishes? Check these out!
- Oven Roasted Veggies
- Black Bean Quesadillas With Blackberry Enchilada Sauce
- Gluten Free Chicken And Dumplings
- Italian Rice Dish
- Spinach Frittata
Healthy Baked Carrot Fries Recipe
Try this recipe and love it? Come back and give it 5 stars and pin it! Please and thank you.
Baked Carrot Fries
Healthy and addicting baked carrot fries are the perfect healthy side dish.
- 1 lb carrots sliced in small strips about equal in size
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp rosemary or Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°
Wash and slice carrots into small thin strips. Place into bowl.
In a small bowl, add oil and rosemary together. Pour over slice carrots.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the carrots until evenly covered with oil.
Lay on baking sheet evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, turn and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until carrots are completely cooked and started to brown a bit.
To make it extra fancy you could top with grated cheese and parsley.
What is your favorite way to eat carrots?