Easy, gluten free sheet pan pancakes are a fluffy, irresistible breakfast. This oven-baked pancake recipe will make pancake making so much easier and transform your morning. Eat some now, and save some for later. Follow my tips below to make this oven-baked gluten free pancake recipe.
To make this recipe, you will need: gluten free 1-for-1 flour, eggs, honey, vanilla, milk, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Sheet Pan Pancakes Backstory
Pancakes are one of our favorite family breakfasts, but making them is the worst. Everyone is eating the tasty creations you make, while you stand over the skillet, flipping your life away with your belly rumbling. You try to finally sit down with your family to eat them, only to realize everyone else is done, and then you burn the last few pancakes that you forget about.
We don’t make pancakes very often for this reason. We started buying some gluten free frozen pancakes that had okay ingredients, but they are an expensive convenience food, and something I should totally make myself.
So when I told my husband I was going to start making pancakes ahead of time so we had them for the week, he just looked at me and chuckled. He knows I’m not a meal prepper (minus my weekly chicken and chicken broth prep). But this recipe may have just converted me, because these are so good, and it’s so amazing to have them ready to go for breakfast!
The best part about this gluten free sheet pan pancakes is that you put them in the oven and walk away, no crazy flipping required. And, you have 15-20 minutes to clean the kitchen up and get everything ready. Not only will you have the kitchen tidy, but you also get to eat breakfast WITH your family. It’s crazy.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tips For Making Gluten Free Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Use a 1-for-1 flour that already has xantham gum in it. I used Bob’s Redmill 1-to-1 flour.
- Line the pan with parchment paper so the pancakes come out super easy.
- Cut the pancakes with a pizza cutter. It makes it so simple.
- These store well in the freezer.
- Reheat them in the microwave or toaster for an easy breakfast.
Tools you may need:
Large bowl, silicon spatula, measuring cups and spoons, microwave safe dish or small saucepan, baking sheet (I use a stainless steel one like this), and parchment paper.
How To Make Gluten Free Sheet Pancakes
- Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Melt butter on the stove or in a microwave safe dish.
- In a separate bowl, add honey to the melted butter and stir well. This works great if your honey is a little crusty… if you know what I mean.
- Whisk in the remaining wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined with minimal lumps.
- Pour onto sheet pan and smooth out using spatula. The smoother, the better, because it doesn’t smooth on its own. Tap pan on the counter a few times to make it more even.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until edges start to get golden brown. Clean up your kitchen while these bake.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings (like my favorite honey butter)
Want more gluten free breakfast ideas? Check these out!
- If you’re cool with standing over a griddle, these Banana Oat Pancakes are delicious.
- Blackberry Banana Breakfast Bread is so good.
- Gluten Free Banana Pumpkin Breakfast Muffins are a secretly healthy breakfast with chocolate.
- Easy Spring Veggie and Sausage Frittata is a family favorite.
Gluten Free Sheet Pan Pancake Recipe
Simple oven baked pancakes make weekend breakfast a breeze and easy meal prep for the week. Double the batch for even more pancake goodness.
Sheet Pan Pancake Recipe Gluten Free
Simple and delicious gluten free pancakes.
Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
Melt butter on the stove or in a microwave safe dish. Add in honey and stir until nice and liquidy.
Whisk milk, eggs, and vanilla into the honey mixture. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Pour onto sheet pan and smooth out using spatula. Tap pan on the counter a few times to make it more even.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges start to golden. You could pop it under a broiler for a minute to get the pancakes a little extra crispy.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes and slice with a pizza cutter.
Double this recipe to make more pancakes and save for later.
Sheet Pan Pancakes FAQ:
What is the best pan for pancakes?
I like using a stainless steel jelly roll pan, aka what most people call a rimmed cookie sheet. This has just high enough sides perfect for these baked pancakes.
Do sheet pan pancakes store well in the freezer?
Yes! Lay them flat in a gallon sized zip top bag, and place parchment paper between layers. They will last about a month or so in the freezer.
How do you reheat pancakes?
We are a microwave-free house, so we pop them into the toaster and this works perfectly. You could also place them in the microwave for 20-30 second intervals until they are hot.
Have you ever made sheet pan pancakes before?