This morning, the air was downright crisp.
I put my jacket on and headed to the farmers market, where the sun and the air make me excited for all things fall. I like to pretend it feels like fall earlier on, but this weekend really made it feel like fall is really here. Now all we need is a million pumpkin recipes, like this pumpkin pie overnight oats.
I feel like I could bathe in pumpkin, which honestly, probably isn’t a bad idea.
But, let’s be honest. I need something easy. *waving* Heyyy, new mom over here with a baby girl that has been anti-naps this last week or so! What a terrible thing. And mornings when I have to work can be rough. So, eating something quick and easy is a must! Therefore, pumpkin pie overnight oats was born.
Yummy, creamy, and pumpkiny… Not a word, but you get the point. It’s like eating a bowlful of fall. Sweet and savory, this pumpkin pie overnight oats is sweetened with banana and maple syrup. You could even add nuts for a little crunch. But that would give me a rash and swollen hands, so no nuts for me, please!
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 cup milk (coconut, almond, cows)
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin spice
- Touch of maple syrup (optional)
- In a bowl or jar, mash the banana.
- Mix together banana, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice until well combined.
- Add in chia seeds, oats, and milk.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy with a touch of maple syrup (or a lot if you're into that).
Just whip this tasty breakfast up before you go to bed and in the morning run out of the house with a spoon in hand ready to take on the world.
Pumpkins and pumpkin spice anything may be my favorite part of fall. Well, that and the cooler weather, flannel, trees turning beautiful colors, and bonfires. What is your favorite thing about fall?
You may also like…