This blueberry lemonade recipe is perfectly sweet and a little sour, just like lemonade should be. Add fresh basil for an amazing twist on this classic recipe. You will be amazed how addicting this recipe is.
This post was updated June 2019
Blueberry Lemonade Backstory
I don’t know about you, but I love super frosty cold delicious drinks in the summer. There is nothing quite like an ice cold lemonade after working hard in the garden!
This drink is a wonderful twist on the classic lemonade. It all started when I went to a friends birthday party with Libby and started chatting with a women at the party about gardening things, blueberry season, yada yada, and she started talking about this amazing blueberry basil lemonade.
In my mind I was thinking that it sounded fantastic right about now.
The next day, I started working on this delicious recipe to share with all of you!
This blueberry lemonade is perfectly sweet and a little sour, just like lemonade should be. Plus, the fresh basil adds a wonderful unique touch!
I’m kind of obsessed now! It’s super easy to throw together! I used my favorite Organic Lemonade (I got on sale for $1 at Kroger FYI), local berries, and basil straight from the garden!
Tips for making blueberry lemonade:
- You can make the lemonade from scratch or cheat, like I do, and buy a organic lemonade.
- If the idea of basil in your lemonade is too much, just leave it out. The recipe is still delicious.
- Use the blender to make it quick and easy.
- Strain out the blueberries for a pretties and less chunky drink.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tools you will need:
How To Make Blueberry Lemonade
- Make lemonade from scratch or pick up your favorite natural lemonade. I chose the later route for convenience.
- Place blueberries and a few splashes of lemonade into a blender. Blend until blueberries are pureed.
- Add berry mixture to the rest of the lemonade and stir. Enjoy right away by straining the blueberry pulp out or follow the next steps to make it a fancy blueberry lemonade with basil.
- Wash a handful of basil. With your hands, tear and rough up the basil so the flavors will easily infuse.
- Add basil to blueberry lemonade and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Strain out blueberries and basil with a fine mesh strainer. Enjoy your refreshing lemonade or refrigerate for later.
More Drink Recipes to Tickle Your Fancy:
- Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie – the most delicious and decadent way to eat your veggies.
- Homemade Soda: Orange Pomegranate Fizz
- Blueberry Chia Green Smoothie
- Kombucha Peach Smoothie
Blueberry Lemonade With Basil Recipe
- 32 oz Organic lemonade homemade or store bought
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Handful of fresh basil
- Place blueberries and a few splashes of lemonade into a blender and blend until blueberries are puree. Add berry mixture to the rest of the lemonade.
- Wash a handful of basil. With your hands slightly tear and rough up the basil.
- Add basil to lemonade and refrigerate mix for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Strain out blueberries and basil. Enjoy your refreshing blueberry basil lemonade or refrigerate for later.
What is your favorite way to cool down after spending time outside?