Naturally sweetened lavender lemonade brings the best fresh flavors of summer. Sweet and tangy lemonade with the subtle flavors of lavender make this drink extra special.
There is nothing like a good refreshing glass of lemonade in the summer, make it lavender lemonade and it’s a whole new ball game.
I love adding a twist to recipes, and this is definitely not my first slightly weird lemonade recipe… This Basil & Blueberry Lemonade I posted a few years ago is delicious.
A week or so ago the kids and I hung out at our friends house and she has a massive lavender bush.
Just slightly bigger than the two puny bushes we got this year that have 4 whole flowers on them. One day they will be big and robust… as long as I remember to water them. ha.
This recipe seems way more complicated than it actually is.
Secret tip: you can make this recipe even faster by using a good bottled lemon juice instead of hand squeezing the lemons.
Lemons are kind of a thing in our house. My husbands favorite foods and desserts include lemon. Like our favorite Blueberry Lemon Bars.
Summertime and lemons are just a magical combination.
This recipe is so simple and can be easily changed based on your needs.
Remember as a kid drinking that powdered lemonade? I feel like all the mom would always make it way weaker that we wanted, so us kids would sneak in the pantry and add more of the powder to our own glasses.
So this recipe is kind of like that. Make it as is, try it, if it’s too sweet for you, add a bit more water to your liking.
This lavender lemonade is pretty darn tasty though.
Tips For Making Lavender Lemonade:
- For the pictures, I sprinkled the glasses with dried lavender. Don’t do this in real life. It is beautiful, but tastes pretty terrible. Garnishing with a fresh lavender sprig will work great!
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain out the lavender after boiling and press it down with a small silicon spatula. That way you get all the amazing lavender goodness.
- You can use honey, maple syrup, or regular sugar in this recipe. They will give slightly different flavors.
- Add more lavender if you want a stronger lavender flavor or less for a less lavenderie taste.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tools and ingredients you need:
Dried lavender or fresh.
How To Make Lavender Lemonade:
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, add in water and dried or fresh lavender flowers.
- Boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain lavender water mixture into a large glass. I like to press on the lavender buds with a small silicon spatula while straining.
- Add honey to hot lavender water and stir to dissolve. Add in lemon juice and remaining water.
- Place in the refrigerator until nice and chilled.
What does lavender taste like?
Lavender has a very unique floral taste with a earthy, grassy flavor. Some people say it has a hint of mint flavor.
What is lavender lemonade good for?
One it is so refreshing and perfect for those hot summer. Lavender is a calming herb and can help reduce stress and help encourage relaxation. Perfect for summertime if you ask me.
Want More Summertime Recipes? Check Out Our Favorites:
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
If you try this recipe and love it, I would greatly appreciate you coming back and give it 5 stars. Please and thank you.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tbs dried lavender or a handful of fresh lavender
- 4-5 cups cool water
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, add 1 cup water and lavender flowersBoil for 10-20 minutes.Strain hot lavender water into a large glass.Add honey and stir until dissolved.Stir in lemon juice and remaining water.Place in the refrigerator until nice and chilled.Enjoy!
What is your favorite kind of lemonade?